A word from Chris at the Summer Institute: “Holy Turbulence”
What we are experiencing here at the Summer Institute is a kind of “holy turbulence.” Reflecting together on our collective captivity to economic desires, bitterness and social divisions. We are feeling our brokenness and we hearing the call to repentance. This is a turbulence that is really too big for us, but it is holy.
About the Author: Chris Rice is co-director of the Center for Reconciliation at Duke Divinity School. He is author of Reconciling All Things, Grace Matters, and More Than Equals. He writes regularly at the blog Reconcilers.
Last 5 posts on the Reconcilers Blog:
- Voices from the Duke Summer Institute: Bill Lamar
- A Gathering of “Earthen Vessels”
- U.S./Mexico Border Encounter Episode 2: Voices
- Border Encounter Episode 1: Feds, Migrants, and Samaritans
- To the Border, “Desert Father” as Our Guide